Latest news stories and opinions about the Dental, GP and Care Industries. For your ease of use, we have established categories under which you can source the relevant articles and news items.
A New Source of Legal Advice: Advice and Information When you Need it from Sector Specialists
Bevan Brittan LLP has recently teamed up with QCS to be a legal partner, working alongside QCS to deliver high-quality support to the care sector.
We will be providing regular Expert Insights to keep you informed of what is happening in the Legal world that may affect your service. Recently we've been doing a range of activities that reflect the kind of things we'll be bringing to you in more depth, but we always welcome ideas for topics you want to hear about. So, what are we up to at the moment?
- Holding workshops about CQC's consultation on widening registration/enforcement to include all entities within a group who are "accountable" for (and not only "delivering") care
- Advising provider clients on contractual disputes about funding from CCGs, local authorities and privately paying residents and monitoring trends nationally
- Telling providers where they stand following the decisions by the HMRC and the Courts ordering that back payments to sleep-in staff must be made
- Helping clients navigate CQC's factual accuracy process and advising on challenges
- Analysing CQC's application of its flagship LD policy: "Registering the Right Support"
- Helping clients get ready for the upcoming General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
A Free Legal Support Line
Bevan Brittan has the expertise and experience to provide advice to clients on the issues affecting them. From early February we will provide an advice line giving QCS members up to 30 minutes free legal support when they need it.
We generally find that no issue is too big or too small. You may need to speak to a lawyer about one of the following:
- An incident that has occurred where you are under pressure from Safeguarding or Commissioners
- CQC regulatory inspection and enforcement issues
- Care Standards Tribunal cases
- Advice on the Mental Capacity Act and DoLS
- An inquest involving a resident or service user
- Police investigations
- Managing your workforce
- Contractual and property disputes
- Data Protection issues
- Procurement challenges
- Making the most of a commercial opportunity
Please keep an eye on the website for more information and details of how to access this member-only service.
The team at Bevan Brittan and I look forward to engaging with you and working with QCS.
*All information is correct at the time of publishing