Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

18th August 2015

Admitting client to dementia care

Hi Sheila,

My sister in law's mother has a UTI and is acting very different to her normal self. She has tried getting her mother into a normal first stage dementia home but nobody seems to want her.
Should she ring her local council and ask for a Care Manager to sort things out?

Please help she is desperate, thanks.


Dear Anne,

In these circumstances I would think that she should contact the Adult Social Care of her local Council who should be able to help.

When her GP has treated the UTI, I would fully expect her to revert to her normal self.

Best wishes,

*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

    Join over 130,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
    Start Free Trial Buy Now
    Back to Top