Sheila will try to answer as many of your English Social Care questions as possible, giving priority to frequently asked questions and questions regarding current events and trends.
How can I get more clients?
I have just been newly registered by CQC but I'm really struggling to attain clients, could you please advise me?
Thank you for your question. You do not say if you are providing care in a care home or home care.
The principles though are much the same.
- You need to have a good brochure setting out the precise nature of the service you are providing.
- You need to get some of the brochures to people who have direct contact with the sort of people that you are going to provide services to. So examples are GPs, community nurses, local church and faith leaders etc. If you know any of them speak to them directly.
- It is essential that you speak to the commissioning section of your local Social Services department so that you have a clear understanding of their strategy how they contract with local providers.
- Good people to speak to are Hospital Social Workers.
- Look in your local paper to see how many adverts there are from Adult Social Care Providers and try to speak to one or two providers nearby, you can learn a lot from other providers and this will especially help you to understand the relationship between the local Council and providers.
- You can also be proactive and put some brochures or other advertising out in streets close to your business.
- Have you sought any publicity from the local newspaper about your new business?
- If you are a care home why not invite GPs, community nurses, faith leaders and anyone else you can think of to an open afternoon
These are just a few ideas. You need to be proactive and try to speak to as many people as possible about your new service.
Best wishes and good luck.
*All information is correct at the time of publishing.
What would you like to ask Sheila?
Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector.
Sheila will try to answer as many of your questions as possible, giving priority to frequently asked questions and questions regarding current events and trends.
Please note that Sheila can not offer answers to matters requiring legal advice. If your matter concerns a specific service provider, please contact the CQC.