Ask Sheila - Archive
Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.
How can I get more clients?
I have just been newly registered by CQC but I'm really struggling to attain clients, could you please advise me?
Thank you for your question. You do not say if you are providing care in a care home or home care.
The principles though are much the same.
- You need to have a good brochure setting out the precise nature of the service you are providing.
- You need to get some of the brochures to people who have direct contact with the sort of people that you are going to provide services to. So examples are GPs, community nurses, local church and faith leaders etc. If you know any of them speak to them directly.
- It is essential that you speak to the commissioning section of your local Social Services department so that you have a clear understanding of their strategy how they contract with local providers.
- Good people to speak to are Hospital Social Workers.
- Look in your local paper to see how many adverts there are from Adult Social Care Providers and try to speak to one or two providers nearby, you can learn a lot from other providers and this will especially help you to understand the relationship between the local Council and providers.
- You can also be proactive and put some brochures or other advertising out in streets close to your business.
- Have you sought any publicity from the local newspaper about your new business?
- If you are a care home why not invite GPs, community nurses, faith leaders and anyone else you can think of to an open afternoon
These are just a few ideas. You need to be proactive and try to speak to as many people as possible about your new service.
Best wishes and good luck.
*All information is correct at the time of publishing.
Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.
For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.
Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.
Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.