Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

02nd September 2015

CQC registration for supported living

Hi Sheila,

I am planning to open a supported living . Do I have to register with the CQC? Is it a regulated activity?

Thank you.

Dear Mote,

Questions such as yours are never straightforward. Having said that there is some really good guidance on the CQC website about what services need to be registered and which don’t.

Generally, supported living is not registered by CQC but the provision of personal care is.

If you still have questions after you have looked at these CQC documents then please contact me again.

Best wishes,

*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

    Join over 130,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
    Start Free Trial Buy Now
    Back to Top