Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

22nd July 2015

Personal care and CQC

I have a company that helps elderly people with practical care, e.g. cooking, housework, shopping etc. If I have a client that requires personal care can I buy in services from another person/company or would I have to be CQC registered?

Dear Alexandra,

If the person providing the personal care is employed by and under the direct instruction of that employer then that employer has to be registered with CQC. You do not.

The following web link takes you to the CQC guidance on the Scope of Registration which I think you will find helpful.

Best wishes.

*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

    Join over 130,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
    Start Free Trial Buy Now
    Back to Top