Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

01st July 2020

What kind of insurance do I need as a Domiciliary Care Worker?

 I do domiciliary care work but I do not take any clients shopping currently. Do I need business insurance or am I covered by my employer?

Dear M, Thank you for your question. If you are working for a provider who is regulated by CQC, Care Inspectorate in Wales OR Care Inspectorate Scotland, your employer will have insurance to cover you.  All businesses in the UK are expected to have the appropriate insurances in place.
In the case of domiciliary care almost all providers will go to a specialist insurance company and will, I expect, be offered a policy covering:

-Employers’ Liability

-Public Liability

 The policy offered may include:

-Medical Malpractice cover

-Professional Indemnity

*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

    Join over 130,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
    Start Free Trial Buy Now
    Back to Top