CQC Mock Inspection Preparation Toolkits
Achieving successful registration with the CQC is, as many care providers know, only half the story. Ensuring that your business continues to offer high quality care is equally dependent upon successfully passing your CQC inspections. Failure to pass a CQC inspection may have serious consequences, such as the suspension of services. Such action may hamper the commercial viability of your care organisation, so making sure the right policies and procedures are in place to provide all of your service users with the best possible care is of paramount importance. Successfully utilising a management system from QCS helps to move you immeasurably towards achieving this goal.
There is a toolkit for each Key Line of Enquiry (KLOEs) under the five key questions:
- Is the service SAFE?
- Is the service EFFECTIVE?
- Is the service CARING?
- Is the service RESPONSIVE
- Is the service WELL–LED?
Each toolkit is comprised of three parts:
- Evidence – Planning, gathering feedback, talking to people, observation, and records
- Evidence Checklist – an easy tool to assist you with consolidating the evidence and identifying any areas that need addressing
- Action Plan – plan the actions required as a result of your findings
The toolkit was developed to help you identify areas of concern and take measures to address them before the CQC inspects. It is a proactive tool to make sure you stay ahead of the game and working towards a Good or Outstanding rating.