Latest updates on Coronavirus. As the situation is quickly evolving, it is important to be provided with up-to-date information. We’ll be updating and adding to our information. So keep checking back.
Why you need to stay at home?- easy read version (Last update 27.03.20)
This fact sheet tells you why you need to stay at home.
- This is the Prime Minister. He is called Boris Johnson. He makes the rules in the country. He has a team to help him.
- There is a new infection that is making people sick. It is called coronavirus.
- People call it COVID-19. There is no medicine yet that stops this infection.
- Boris and his team are worried because lots of people are getting sick. Doctors and Nurses say people are getting very sick and have died.
- The Doctors and Nurses are worried that there will be a lot of sick people and the hospitals will get too full. They will be so busy they can’t look after everyone.
- Boris, Doctors and Nurses have a good plan to stop the hospitals getting full.
- He has told us we must all follow the rules.
- If we all follow the rules, it means we can help stop COVID-19 spreading.
- Old people and people with some other illnesses need to be protected from getting COVID-19.
B. Follow the rules
- Stay at home.
- You can only go to the shop for essential things. Clothes shops, cafes and cinemas are all closed.
- You must stay 2 metres from people when you go out.
- You can only go outside your house to exercise 1 time during the day.
- You are not allowed to meet your friends.
- You can speak to your friends on the phone or by video.
- You should work at home if your boss says you can.
- You can only leave your house for:
- Food essentials
- Exercise only 1 time in the day
- The Police will make sure we all follow the rules.
- Boris has said we must follow these rules for 3 weeks.
- He will tell us after 3 weeks, if we need to stay at home for longer.
- You can speak to your family, your support worker, carer or social worker if you don’t understand these important rules.
- The NHS website has all the rules. This is the web address: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus- covid-19/self-isolation-advice/
*made with Photo Symbols
You can download this easy read factsheet here -
*All information is correct at the time of publishing. Use of this material is subject to your acceptance of our terms and conditions.