Our Outstanding Partners
Skills for Care
Working in partnership with Skills for Care, QCS is offering all new QCS customers FREE registered manager membership with Skills for Care.
Skills for Care is the strategic workforce development and planning body for adult social care in England. Skills for Care works with employers, Government and partners to ensure social care has the right people, skills and support required to deliver the highest quality care and support, now and in the future.
Skills for Care works across the whole system to understand the key drivers of workforce change using insight, data and evidence. They provide managers and those involved in the delivery of social care with guidance on best practice, tools, resources and intelligence to support workforce recruitment, capabilities and culture.
Recruiting and retaining people who have the right values for your organisation and the adult social care sector is key in delivering high-quality care and support.
- Skills for Care has lots of tools to help deal with the common issues, such as attracting people who share your workplace vision and values, and retaining your workforce.
It’s important that those working in adult social care have the right skills and knowledge to provide high-quality care and support.
- Skills for Care provides guidance and advice on how to induct new starters, as well as how to ensure training is regularly refreshed.
- Whilst they do not directly deliver training, Skills for Care can direct you to recommended endorsed learning providers to help.
- Skills for Care can also support the continued development of your care team by helping to fund qualifications, apprenticeships and a limited number of other specialist courses.
High-quality care and skilled, confident leaders and managers go hand in hand.
- Skills for Care supports the development of leadership skills in adult social care at all levels. This includes the Manager Induction Standards, which set out what aspiring, new and existing managers need to know to perform well in their role.
- Skills for Care has resources to help managers get the best out of their staff and practical tools and guidance to help you prepare and respond to CQC inspections.
- Skills for Care’s leadership offer includes programmes, practical tools and opportunities to make connections that will help leaders develop their confidence and capability.
- Skills for Care offers a range of support and information for all registered managers and frontline managers, through its local networks for managers, deputy manager networks, registered manager webinars, Facebook group, The care exchange podcast series and membership offer.
FREE Skills for Care registered manager membership
- Skills for Care is the membership organisation for registered managers in England. Through membership, they support managers to develop best practice and knowledge, keep up-to-date with sector developments and share ideas with like-minded peers.
- Membership usually costs £35 per year, but if you are a new QCS customer, you can enjoy your first year of Skills for Care membership for free, where you can access exclusive resources to support you in your role and service.
Skills for Care
To find out more complete the form below and Skills for care will be in touch with you shortly.