Our Outstanding Partners
Skills for Care
Skills for Care helps create a well-led, skilled and valued adult social care workforce.
We support adult social care employers to deliver what the people they support need and what commissioners and regulators expect.
We’re a trusted independent charity with over 18 years’ experience in workforce development, working as a delivery partner for the Department of Health and Social Care and working closely with related services, such as health and housing.
We offer practical support to help leaders and managers recruit, develop and lead their staff, retaining them from entry level right through to senior leadership and management roles.
We’re the leading source for workforce intelligence, providing expert insight into the sector and its workforce.
We do this by helping employers get the best from their most valuable resource - their people.
Recruiting and retaining a caring workforce is key to providing high quality, safe care and support. We have lots of tools to help deal with the common issues, such as attracting more people, taking on the right people, developing talent and skills and keeping people.
It’s important that those working in adult social care have the right skills and knowledge to provide high-quality care and support.
- Our Care Certificate resources shape the induction of new care workers, but our fund related training can help develop your staff beyond induction.
- We work closely with the sector on qualifications and apprenticeships and we have resources on a range of specific topics, such as safeguarding, the Mental Capacity Act, dementia and social work to help workers stay up-to-date with best practice and develop and refresh their knowledge and skills.
- We also work closely with endorsed providers for training and development provision.
- High-quality care and skilled, confident leaders and managers go hand in hand.
As the membership organisation for registered managers, we offer lots of support including Facebook groups, local network, deputy networks, advice line and webinars to help them develop best practice, keep up-to-date and share ideas with like-minded managers.
- Our Management Induction Standards set out clearly what new and aspiring managers need to know, and our leadership programmes help people improve their skills and progress their career.
- We have resources to help managers get the best out of their staff and practical tools and guidance help you prepare and respond to CQC inspections.
QCS Special Offer:
Free Skills for Care Registered Managers Membership
Working in partnership with SfC, QCS is offering all new QCS customers FREE Registered Manager Membership with Skills For Care.
Skills for Care is the membership organisation for registered managers in England. Through membership they support managers to develop best practice and knowledge, keep up-to-date with sector developments and share ideas with like-minded peers.
With peer support and learning groups specifically for Registered Managers in the SfC network the principles of action learning to aid problem solving with other managers are utlised and the groups led by an expert Skills for Care facilitator. Registered Managers are further supported by Facebook groups, webinars, training, local networking groups and the ‘Heart of the Service’ Book a practical guide for Registered Managers – all exclusive to SfC members.
Skills for Care
To find out more complete the form below and Skills for care will be in touch with you shortly.