Our Outstanding Partners
Social Care Institute for Excellence
The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) is a highly regarded, well known and important improvement support agency for the whole social care sector.
They work with adults, families and children’s care and a wide range of support services right across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
SCIE also works with the central Government and national stakeholders to improve the quality of care and support services by:
- Identifying, sharing and developing best practice information
- Widening the understanding and knowledge of the sector and encouraging improvement
- Supporting people who plan, commission, deliver and use services to put that knowledge into practice
- Informing, influencing and inspiring the direction of future practice and policy.
SCIE are governed by a board of trustees who guide its work and set its direction of travel. The organisation consists of around 55 staff made up of information specialists, researchers, social care workers and administrative staff, led by an executive management team, who are responsible to the board.
SCIE develops first class resources that are freely available to assist in improving knowledge and skills of care staff and commissioners, as well as some paid-for services. To support this important work they bid for funding from the Department of Health and other agencies.
SCIE products and services include:
- Information and Evaluation
- Resources including guides, summaries, e-learning and films
Their work is co-produced with people who use services and their carers to make sure that the resources are what is most needed and can easily be put into practice.
Contact SCIE directly
To find out more, simply call SCIE on 020 7766 7400 or complete the form below and SCIE will be in touch with you shortly.