The Complete Step by Step Guide: QCS Covid-19 Visitor Tracker
With the incidence of new COVID-19 cases growing by the day, QCS know how important it is for healthcare providers to have a tracker that monitor, record and track visitors to their premises.
We’ve been listening to our clients’ feedback and in response launched an easy-to-use COVID-19 Visitor Tracker in mid-September. We’ve recently been refining our tracker and have now included some new functions in the latest version.
Below is everything you need to know about the tracker and a step by step guide to get the tracker running.
You can download the COMPLETE STEP BY STEP GUIDE here
Alternatively, the instructions are also available here:
A) Features of the Covid-19 Visitor Tracker
The COVID-19 Visitor Tracker enables QCS clients to monitor, record and track visitors to their location. The tracker will allow you to create a unique QR code to your organisation which visitors will have to scan in order to complete an online questionnaire before entering the premises. This will support the infection control procedures required during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Tracker includes:
- Ability to create and download a QR code poster
- Visitor log dashboard
- Online visitor questionnaire
B) How to get your unique QR Code?
Step 1: Go to Settings (Cogs icon in the top navigation bar).
Step 2: Click on the Covid-19 Visitor Tracker icon which will take you to the Visitor Log dashboard.
Here is the Dashboard that records all the visits.
Step 3: Then you can click ”Download the Poster” button to generate a QR Code Poster.
Step 4: A PDF will then be generated that features the following:
- Your company logo and name
- Brief instructions for the visitor
- A QR Code unique to your company
You can now print the poster and place it in a suitable position within your premises.
C) What should your visitors do when they come to visit?
Step 1: Visitors to the premises should be guided to scan the QR code with the camera on the mobile device. The camera will detect the QR code and give the user the option to access the webform.
*Please note: Devices with the different operating systems can result in a different interface to the image. If nothing pops up after scanning the QR code with your mobile device, you may have to go to your settings and enable QR Code scanning.
Step 2: Visitor will come to the QCS Visitor Form where they are asked to complete the two-step questionnaire (see image).
- The first step records the details of the visitor and who they are visiting
- The second step features a range of questions provided by the QCS Content Team, these focus on common COVID-19 symptoms and whether the user has either travelled abroad or been in contact with anyone suspected of having COVID-19
- *Depending on your setting, you can choose to record the visitor’s temperature as well as PPE provision on entry
Based on the answers provided, the visitor will either be granted access or being rejected to enter the
- Based on the answers provided, the visitor will either be granted access or being rejected to enter the premise
D) You are now all set to track your visitors
- All the visitors that scan the QR code and complete the questionnaire will appear on the Visitor Dashboard on the QCS system
- The visitor records will appear as soon as the questionnaire has been completed by the visitor
- These details are stored for 21 days
As soon as the visitor completes the questionnaire, the record will appear on the Visitor Dashboard on the QCS system. These details are stored for 21 days.
*You can also filter the visitor by types on the dashboard to:
• Family or friend
• Other visitors (Professional such as GP or plumber)
*You also have the ability to add details when notified of a positive Covid-19 test after a visit. All the details on the dashboard can be exported as a list to Excel. The list includes additional information to the user, including the answers provided by the visitors to each question
* = updates in the latest version
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us here