The Product Owner works with the Product Manager, and stakeholders, both internal and external, including key clients to develop, document and agree product requirements. They use appropriate tools to ensure requirements and processes are captured and use these to communicate what is needed to the development team. They support the development team throughout delivery to ensure the design of effective solutions. They facilitate communication, build consensus on requirements and priorities, and support delivery across a range of projects.
- Be a key member of agile delivery teams by providing requirements, modeling processes and working with the team to develop effective solutions
- Work with internal colleagues to understand the needs of the business and translate into effective requirements for the development teams
- Work with the Product Manager for Social Care Solutions to understand and investigate feedback into the service/function/product being considered
- Manage a pipeline of work and provides estimates for your part in upcoming work
- Manage your time across several projects in accordance with a clear project plan
- Coordinate the flow of work between team members
- Enable the development teams to gain a deeper understanding of the product and support them in implementing your requirements
- Consider the opportunities and potential risks attached to the suggestions you have made
- Produce, maintain and retain all versions of supporting documentation and feedback
- Report on your findings and to present to stakeholders when necessary
- Support internal and external teams in making changes, including helping to resolve any issues
- Review of delivered features when required
- Provide input and recommendations for continuous improvement of the delivery process.
Your skills and attributes that will make you successful in this role:
• Ability to understand the broad company landscape and how your products fit into the overall strategy
• Ability to understand business functionality and translate it into application requirements
• Excellent understanding of business complexity and project interdependencies
• Intellectual curiosity and the ability to question requirements
• Ability and confidence in dealing with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, including the offshore team
• Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise in products
• Ability to partner with user experience designers, developers and testers to identify solutions and resolutions to problems
• Strong understanding of Agile software development approaches, user experience and database design, risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
• Understanding of modelling and diagramming techniques
• Experience of providing support for issue resolution of production applications
• Ability to work under pressure
• Highly organised with skills to plan and prioritise tasks to meet objectives
• Highly motivated, passionate about technology, quality and continuous improvement
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• A willingness to share knowledge and to learn and explore new initiatives
• A minimum of 2 years industry experience working as a Product Owner or Business Analyst as part of a small to medium-sized Agile Delivery Team
You’ll love being on the QCS team because:
- We are a dynamic, high achieving company that supports everyone who works for us to realise their full potential
- We listen to our people and we trust them
- We provide our people with the tools and the backing to turn outstanding ideas into successful innovations that improve lives
- We have a strong set of shared values – ‘Do the Right Thing’, ‘Make it Better’, ‘Play for the Team’ and ‘Get it Done’ – that together form the cornerstones of our culture
Where is this opportunity based?
We are a hybrid company. For us this means we come into the office when it makes sense to come in. If there is a workshop or meeting that would be better in person and where we’re focussing on collaboration, then we meet at our Stockley Park office in Uxbridge.
The benefits of working at QCS:
This is a full-time, permanent opportunity with an established and friendly team. We all enjoy 29 days annual leave, get spoiled by the benefits and treats in Perkbox and enjoy the lifestyle that comes with an Everyday Flex working style. We are well supported to ensure we have the tools, equipment, and the training we need to be successful in our roles.