Mental Health is a vital aspect of the health system on an international scale. Numerous countries have devised bespoke health plans to help address these issues. In England and Wales the framework for delivery of mental health care is called the Care Programme Approach (CPA).
The Care Programme Approach in Mental Health is a system designed to help care providers deliver community mental health services to individuals with severe mental health problems. It was first introduced in England in 1990, and reviewed in 1999 to ensure it applied to everyone in receipt of mental health services.. It was adopted in Scotland in 1992. The Care Approach Approach was further reviewed in 2008 so that only those with severe mental health problems would receive this co-ordinated response to their needs. However for someone who has mental health problems that are less severe, they should still have their needs assessed and a care plan drawn up to meet those needs.
The system requires care providers to assess the needs of people with mental health problems, provide a written care plan for each patient, allocate a care coordinator for each patient, and periodically check and review the plan with key stakeholders. As a care provider, it is essential for you to ensure your practices and protocols are performed in compliance with these standards, here at Quality Compliance Systems (QCS), we understand that this can be a difficult task.
Our management system is designed to help you combat the requirements of the Care Programme Approach in Mental Health, alongside the incredible variety of tools provided to support and advise you in your care services. We offer a unique approach to CQC compliance standards with an online and paper-based service specifically designed to meet the individual needs of your organisation. Notable benefits you can receive by using our products are:
- Supports your CQC Registration under The Health and Social Care Act 2008./li>
- Our documents are fully customised to you as required by the CQC.
- Peace of mind knowing you are compliant and that QCS is keeping you up to date.
- Helps with staff training and Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Meets the CQC Definition of Quality Assurance for on-going compliance.
- Save Time – Easily create and update 2,400+ pages of guidance.
- Stay up to date with all the CQC and legislative changes.