This is the web site of: Quality Compliance Systems Ltd
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Our postal address is:
Highbridge Industrial Estate,
Uxbridge, UB8 1HR
We can be reached by telephone at 0333 405 33 33
This policy applies to your use of: · Our websites at www.qcs.co.uk and www.ukqcs.com (“Sites”);
· Our proprietary Quality Compliance Systems mobile application (“Application”) once you have downloaded a copy of the Application onto your device; and
· The services accessible through the Sites or the Application (the “Service”) available on the Sites and the Application.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us (“Submitted information”). This is information you give us about you by filling in forms on the Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). It includes information you provide when you use the Site, download or register an Application, subscribe to the Service, and when you report a problem with an Application, the Service, or the Site. If you contact us, we will keep a record of that correspondence. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, username, password and other registration information, and financial and credit card information.
· Information we collect about you and your device.
o Each time you visit the Sites or use the Application we will automatically collect the following information:
§ technical information, including the type of device you use, your operating system, the type of browser you use, and the time zone setting (“Device Information”);
§ details of your use of our Application or your visits to our Sites including, but not limited to traffic data, crash reports, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access (“Log Information”).
· Information we receive from other sources (“Third Party Information”). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-
contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
· “Unique identifiers”: when you install or uninstall the Application or visit the Sites or when the Application or Sites searches for automatic updates, we use a unique identifiers which references the Device Information and/or the Log Information. Please also see the section on Cookies below.
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a Sites or page. The cookie will help the website, or another website, to recognise your device the next time you visit. Web beacons or other similar files can also do the same thing. We use the term “cookies” in this policy to refer to all files that collect information in this way.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Analytics: We anonymously measure your use of the Service to improve your experience.
· Advertising: Adverts will be chosen for you automatically based on your past behaviour and interests.
· Marketing by us: we may contact you with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events;
· Newsletters: We will send you our weekly newsletter; and
· Social media: Facebook, Twitter and other social websites need to know who you are to work properly.
· Videos: Allowing the functionality of the 3rd party video player to be user-friendly
· User areas: Providing extra functionality within logged in user areas of the Service
· Other: Allowing functionality required for the core elements of the Application and the Sites to present our content and services to you
You can unsubscribe from any marketing materials at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any such materials, updating your privacy settings on the Sites or in the Application or contacting us.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to disclose your personal information with:
· to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006; and
· selected third parties including:
o analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Sites and Application; and
o business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (including but not limited to suppliers of hosting services and the Sites and/or Application development and software implementation services) for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Quality Compliance Systems Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
· In order to:
o enforce or apply our terms of service, any end user licence agreement and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
o protect the rights, property or safety of Quality Compliance Systems Ltd, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will collect and store personal data on your device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5), local encrypted SQLLite database and other technology.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10.00 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can view your personal data held by us under your subscription and can add and delete other system users in accordance with the terms and conditions of service. If any of the personal data is incorrect or otherwise needs to be updated, you can do this through the settings in the Sites and/or Application, save that you cannot amend the registered address of our customer. If you would like this to be changed, please contact us and we can arrange for such changes to be made.