Latest updates on Coronavirus. As the situation is quickly evolving, it is important to be provided with up-to-date information. We’ll be updating and adding to our information. So keep checking back.
Dentists to Re-open
The news is in that Dentists are to re-open from 8th June with just 10 days to prepare.
Many will have had a sleepless night and are busy planning what steps to now take. Your thoughts and questions will include:
- What treatment can we safely provide?
- How do I ensure the premises are safe for patients and staff?
- How do I manage patients’ expectations?
- Can I get enough PPE?
- What do I do about staff members, especially those who are shielding or vulnerable?
We know there is a lot to prepare, so we will be providing a Practice Re-Opening Policy and Procedure in the next few days. This will allow you to feel in control and you can work through this to re-open in a controlled and well led manner.
In the meantime, we recommend you do the following:
- Update your website and telephone messaging immediately and daily if possible
- Advise patients that a full service will not resume on 8th June and you will continue to update them as things change
- Plan a virtual team meeting to advise on your plans and go through any concerns individuals may have
- Ask teams for their input and ideas
- Begin to plan staff rotas based on risk assessments including vulnerable groups and any childcare or caring needs
- Source PPE
We know how important communication is, so make sure you are communicating more than you think is required with your patients and staff in these changing times.
*All information is correct at the time of publishing. Use of this material is subject to your acceptance of our terms and conditions.