Latest updates on Coronavirus. As the situation is quickly evolving, it is important to be provided with up-to-date information. We’ll be updating and adding to our information. So keep checking back.
Social Care In Vision (Last update: 06.11.20)
Download our social care weekly highlights here, it includes various Covid-19 updates, such as the updated Face Coverings Guidance, Furlough Scheme Extension and more!
A) CQC – Restraint, Segregation and Seclusion Review – Published 27 October
The CQC has published a report looking at the use of restraint, seclusion and segregation in care services for people with mental health conditions, a learning disability or autistic people. For more information, click here.
B) COVID-19: New National Restrictions Guidance – Published 31 October
The government has introduced new national restrictions that will commence from 5th November 2020 until 2nd December 2020. For more information, see below or click here.
C) COVID-19: PPE guidance – Updated 02 November
The PPE guidance for both care homes and domiciliary care has been updated to reflect the announcement made by the government about the mistake with the use of vinyl gloves. These gloves are safe to use and provide sufficient protection. Refer to the separate guidance for more information: care homes and domiciliary care
D) COVID-19: Guidance on shielding and protecting people who are clinically extremely vulnerable from COVID-19 – Updated 04 November
The government has introduced updated guidance on what people who are extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 must do during the new national lockdown to ensure their safety. For more information, click here.
E) COVID-19: Face Coverings: When to wear one, exemptions and how to make your own – Updated 04 November
The government has updated the guidance to reflect the new national restrictions. For more information, click here.
F) COVID-19: New guidance to support home care and care homes during the national lockdown – Press Release 04 November
The government has advised that new guidance in relation to home care and care homes will be issued to reflect the new national restrictions. For more information, visit the corresponding guidance: home care and care homes.
G) COVID-19: New guidance to support safe care home visits during lockdown – Updated 05 November
The government has issued updated guidance in relation to care home visiting during the new national restrictions. For more information, click here.
H) COVID-19: Furlough Scheme Extension – Published 05 November
The government have extended the Coronavirus Job Rentention Scheme (Furlough) until March 2021 to coincide with the new national restrictions being imposed. The scheme will ensure that employees receive 80% of their salary for hours not worked. For more information, click here.
I) National Restrictions in England
From 5th November until 2nd December, everyone must ensure that they adhere to the national restrictions in England, which include but are not limited to:
• Staying at home as much as possible
• Only going to work where it is open, work at home where you can
• Schools and universities will remain open
• You can exercise as much as possible with your own household or support bubble
• You can meet up with one other person from outside your household or support bubble in an outdoor public space
• You must not socialise indoors with anyone outside of your household or support bubble
J) Policy Updates
• The Coronavirus Policy and Procedure has been updated in light of the new national restrictions in England
• The Driving for Work Policy and Procedure has been updated to include reference to the new national restrictions and considerations that may be required when travelling
• All factsheets and easy read documents have been updated and a new easy read document has been produced on the restrictions
• The PPE Policy and Procedure has been updated to reflect the new guidance which details the safe nature of vinyl gloves
• The Visitors Policy and Procedure has been updated to reflect new guidance issued during the national lockdown
*All information is correct at the time of publishing. Use of this material is subject to your acceptance of our terms and conditions.