Latest updates on Coronavirus. As the situation is quickly evolving, it is important to be provided with up-to-date information. We’ll be updating and adding to our information. So keep checking back.
Social Care In Vision (Last update 29.04.20)
It has been a busy few weeks and it can be challenging to keep up to date with everything that is being published regarding COVID19. To try and make it easier, we have summarised a few of the important guidance we have been updating this week. Download the summary here:
Alternatively, you can view the summary here.
- How to work safely in Home Care was published on 27th April. It provides information on when and what PPE must be worn. It also covers home care providers who provide live-in services and extra care. There is an explanation of what ‘sessional care’ means for home care.
- How to work safely in Care Homes was published on 17th April and revised on 27 April to remove the flow chart which was causing confusion. The guidance highlights that face masks must be worn at all times.
- Testing for staff and service users for COVID-19 is a hot topic with the government having to carry out 100,000 tests each day by the end of April. Staff and service users can now be tested even if they have no symptoms. Further information can be found here.
- NAPA, the National Activity Provider Association has made resources available on their website free of charge. There are some great ideas to support service users who are self-isolating. If you are a QCS customer, more information from our partner, NAPA, is available in our Resource Centre when you log in.
- CQC – On 21st April, CQC announced, in recognition of the current situation, providers will not be asked for PIRs.
- CQC updated their page on medication during COVID-19. It covers areas such as blister packs, the use of medication to support self- isolation, handwritten MAR, Controlled Drugs and returning medication to the pharmacy.
- CQC – Have provided a helpful FAQ page on their website covering a range of different issues.
*All information is correct at the time of publishing. Use of this material is subject to your acceptance of our terms and conditions.