Before you download the Digital Pool Activity Level (PAL) Instrument we would like to introduce you to the QCS Dementia Centre.
The Dementia Centre is led by Jackie Pool, creator of the PAL Instrument. By using the QCS PAL Instrument as a scaffold, the Dementia Centre will help transform how care professionals support each individual's cognitive needs and abilities.
The Dementia Centre is a resource hub of evidence-based tools and content offering guidance on HOW to deliver great dementia care and evidencing excellence through visible staff actions and impact on service user wellbeing.
Within the system you will find:
- Webinars and case study examples to support your team in learning to use the PAL Instrument
- Purposeful Practice guides to support in-house action-based learning in providing support to service users living with dementia in 9 activities of daily living
- Mental Capacity Assessment examples for four main needs experienced by service users and those who support them
- A library of dementia relevant learning resources for in-house continuing professional development
- QCS Dementia Compliance Index, which brings together dementia best practices with all the relevant regulatory needs
LEARN MORE about the Dementia Centre