Latest news stories and opinions about the Dental, GP and Care Industries. For your ease of use, we have established categories under which you can source the relevant articles and news items.
More from NHS Digital
Really useful timetable
On 10 January, NHS digital uploaded a spreadsheet which may be worth printing off. It is a live collection timetable and it tells you about all the different types of GP collections and GP payments for January, February and March 2017.
GP Payments from NHS digital
NHS Digital has uploaded, what I think is, a really useful document on the GP payments and collections area of the website. This will be of particular interest to new managers who are trying to grasp the GP payments system. Equally, existing managers will find it a useful checklist tool for payments to ensure they can cross-check the payments they receive so that nothing is missing. With all the changes, it can be quite a challenge to keep up with ensuring you have made all your claims, but this aid memoire is helpful.
The link to the live collection timetable is here: https://www.digital.nhs.uk/GP-Collections
The headings - GP collections timetable
GP Collections timetable 2016/17 Updated: 10/01/2016. For more information on these services, click on the “More info” links below
Services that generate a payment – Manual entry is currently restricted in CQRS until the day after data from the automatic GPES collection is complete.
Services that do not generate a payment – Manual entry required at all times Manual entry is currently restricted in CQRS until the day after the extract’s achievement date.
In brief NHS digital, have listed what generates a payment and what does not, which is a very useful document when you are checking you have received all your payments.
Services that generate a payment
- Quality Outcomes Framework
- Rotavirus (Routine childhood immunisation vaccination programme)
- Learning disabilities health check scheme
- Pertussis (pregnant woman) vaccination programme
- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccination programme
- Seasonal influenza vaccination programme
- Childhood seasonal influenza vaccination programme
- Shingles (routine) vaccination programme
- Shingles (catch-up) vaccination programme
- Avoiding unplanned admissions components 2 & 3
- Meningococcal ACWY (MenACWY) vaccination programme
- Meningococcal B (Men B) infant vaccination programme
Services that generate a payment - manual entry required at all times
- Meningococcal booster vaccination programme
- HPV vaccination programme
- Hepatitis B (newborn babies) vaccination programme
- MMR (aged 16 and over) vaccination programme
- PCV Hib/Men C vaccination programme
Services that do not generate a payment
- Indicators no longer in QOF
- Named accountable GP
- Alcohol related risk reduction scheme
- Friends and family test
Services supported by CQRS for participation only (data can be viewed in GPES)
- QOF subset extract for dementia prevalence (SoS dementia)
- Patient Objections Management
- Learning Disabilities Observatory
- Dementia Data Extract (new)
- GP2DRS (diabetic eye screening programme)
*All information is correct at the time of publishing