Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

14th March 2018

Can I alter the Data on my Provider Information Return after I have submitted it?

Hello Sheila, I made a mistake with the data I provided on my PIR form - can I go back and correct that mistake at a later stage?


Dear L,


Thank you for your question.


If you have submitted your PIR then you will need to contact CQC to ask them if you could change it.


If they say no, then you can of course write to CQC, explain what has happened and set out how you would like the form to be changed. This will then feed into the data that CQC holds about you.


I hope this is helpful.


Come back to me if you want further information.


Best wishes.



*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

    Join over 130,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
    Start Free Trial Buy Now
    Back to Top