Sheila will try to answer as many of your English Social Care questions as possible, giving priority to frequently asked questions and questions regarding current events and trends.
Can I register with CQC while I am studying NVQ 5?
Hi Sheila, can I register with CQC while am studying NVQ 5?
I am intrigued by your email.
I do receive a number of questions similar to this each month but I do not know what you think you can register with CQC for.
According to CQC's website their responsibility is to "monitor, inspect and regulate services to make sure they meet fundamental standards of quality and safety and they publish what they find, including performance ratings to help people choose care."
You will see from this that CQC refer to the registration of services and in their document The Scope of Registration they identify that the following list are Regulated activities as listed in Schedule 1 of the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) Regulations 2014.
- Personal care.
- Accommodation for person who require nursing or personal care.
- Accommodation for persons who require treatment for substance misuse.
- Treatment of disease, disorder or injury.
- Assessment or medical treatment for persons detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
- Surgical procedures.
- Diagnostic and screening procedures.
- Management of supply of blood and blood-derived products.
- Transport services, triage and medical advice provided remotely.
- Maternity and midwifery services.
- Termination of pregnancies.
- Services in slimming clinics.
- Nursing care.
- Family planning services
You can read all about the Scope of Registration on the CQC website.
Additionally CQC do register two important positions in the field of Adult Social Care:
Registration for these two positions has to be specific to a particular job and employer.
I hope this is helpful.
What would you like to ask Sheila?
Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector.
Sheila will try to answer as many of your questions as possible, giving priority to frequently asked questions and questions regarding current events and trends.
Please note that Sheila can not offer answers to matters requiring legal advice. If your matter concerns a specific service provider, please contact the CQC.