Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

21st April 2016

Registration to start up new agency & group homes

How do I register to become a care manager? I want to set up my own agency and group home.



You cannot apply to be a Registered Manager, you have to apply to be a Registered Manager of a particular service.

If you are applying to be the Registered Manager in connection with a new service then you have to submit both applications at the same time ie to register as a new provider and to register as the Registered Manager of that service.

There is quite a lot of work to be done to be ready to register and there is straightforward and helpful guidance on the CQC website along with the application forms:

Best wishes.


*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

    Join over 130,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
    Start Free Trial Buy Now
    Back to Top