Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

13th December 2016

Who should I report an accident to?

Hello Sheila,

Who should an accident which happened at an adult day care centre be reported to?

Thank you,

Dear Helen,


Day Care Centres are not subject to regulation by CQC so I would refer you to the Health and Safety Executive website and specifically to the section that gives advice on reportable incident: …and then another part which tells you how to report an accident:


The Health and Safety Executive website is a very useful source of information for any employer and is very easy to navigate (I don't say that very often!)


If you are providing a service under contract with a local Council, then you must inform the Council as well.


Best wishes.



*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

    Join over 130,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
    Start Free Trial Buy Now
    Back to Top