Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

21st August 2015

What qualifications do I need to be a CQC inspector?

Hi there,

I have worked in care now several years and would like to ask what qualifications do I need to apply to be a CQC inspector. I have worked in some homes where the care standard was poor and I have contacted the CQC and they have investigated.

I would really like to work for the CQC but how do I go about this?

Thank you.

Dear Michael,

The Care Quality Commission website contains plenty of information about job opportunities at the Commission.

You can find the appropriate information here:


*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

Join over 120,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
Start Free Trial
Back to Top