Ask Sheila - Archive England

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and therefore is no longer available to answer your social care questions. However, you might still find the answer you’ve been searching for down below.

06th June 2018

When changing employer, would I be required to completing the care certificate?

Hi Sheila, I have level 5 diploma. When changing employer would I be required to complete the care certificate?


Dear S,


Thank you for your question.


Assuming that your Level 5 Diploma is in Health and Social Care and that you have experience in working in the sector then the answer is no although your Manager will need to be satisfied that you have the competencies to carry out the job that you are employed to deliver.


You will however be expected to complete an induction specific to the service that you are working in.


All new employees should have an induction and there should be no short cuts.


I hope this is helpful.


Best wishes.



*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

About Sheila

Sheila Scott OBE has now retired and over the years , prior to her retirement she has answered thousands of your social questions. You can still access the many questions below.

For Sheila Scott OBE as the former CEO of National Care Association (NCA), care is Sheila's life. She possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business, and as a leader in the care sector.

Please do get in touch with our team of specialists if you can’t see an answer to the question you may have and we will be happy to help.

Here at QCS we have an extensive panel of specialists with a wide range of knowledge and experience so don’t worry if you have a social care question you are struggling to find the answer to, our team are here to help.

    Join over 130,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
    Start Free Trial Buy Now
    Back to Top