Admitting client to dementia care | QCS

Hi Sheila,

My sister in law’s mother has a UTI and is acting very different to her normal self. She has tried getting her mother into a normal first stage dementia home but nobody seems to want her.
Should she ring her local council and ask for a Care Manager to sort things out?

Please help she is desperate, thanks.


Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Anne,

In these circumstances I would think that she should contact the Adult Social Care of her local Council who should be able to help.

When her GP has treated the UTI, I would fully expect her to revert to her normal self.

Best wishes,

About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions