Am I a fit and proper person? | QCS

Good morning Sheila,

With the new law in place, I am a support manager and want to be registered with CQC.

What do I need to do to show I am fit and proper?

I am currently doing my QCF level 5.

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Delia,

To be registered as a fit and proper person, under the newest group of people to be brought within this new regulatory category being assessed by the Care Quality Commission, you have to be either a Director of the relevant Limited Company or a Trustee of the relevant Charity. Is this a criteria that you meet?

You can read more about this new regulation which came into effect on 1 April 2015 here:

The only other people that CQC registers are the Registered Manager or the Responsible Person (normally the owner), so if you fit any of these criteria you would be registered now.

Please let me know if I have misunderstood your question. Over the years there has been a great deal of discussion about the formal registration of all Adult Social Care staff and that discussion continues.

Best wishes,

About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions