Who can help me with a safeguarding issue? | QCS

I’m a self-employed live in carer. I have tried to tell the recruitment agency and the lady who is responsible for the health and well-being of the elderly lady I care for about a safeguarding issue and they don’t seem to want to deal with it. What can I do Shelia, who can I go to to make a complaint?

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Diane,

You raise a very important point.

Each local authority has an Adult Safeguarding Board and members of staff who are responsible for carrying out the work of the Safeguarding Board.

Anyone who is concerned about a vulnerable person can contact their local authority and speak to someone who is experienced in dealing with such matters.

I went on to the website of my own council, put safeguarding into the search engine and was directed to a page which had a great deal of advice including details of the phone number to ring to report abuse.

You can also of course contact the police.

With best wishes.


About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions