Change of Company Name | QCS

Hi Sheila,

I am changing the name of my company which currently is registered and runs four locations. This is a complete companies house name change, including operating as our new brand etc, although we are staying at our registered address. What do I need to do to inform CQC and keep both legal and as little in the way of disturbance as possible?

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Paul,

CQC’s website is not easy to navigate is it but I have discovered the notification forms that you need.

You go to this page on their website

On the right hand side of the page you will find this form:

Statutory Notification: Changes to a Provider’s or Manager’s Registered Details.

And you then need to go to:

Statutory notification: Regulation 15, Care Quality Commission (Registration) Regulations 2009 – Changes affecting a provider or manager and fill out the form.

Good Luck!


About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions