Do I have to register again and obtain the SSSC certificate to practice if changing from a registered nurse to Senior Care Assistant? | QCS

Hi Senga

I am a registered nurse with a current valid PIN. I am thinking of changing roles to Senior care assistant do I have to register and obtain SSSC certificate to practice

Thank you Ill await your reply



Senga Currie
Answered by Senga Currie

Hello Selina

As you are already registered with a recognised regulatory body, you are not required to register with SSSC. Please see information on this here, I hope this helps



About Senga Currie

Senga has been a registered mental nurse and registered general nurse for 38 years, working in various areas within the NHS, community nursing, the field of addictions and the private sector.

Since 1998 she has been working with care homes, starting as a nursing sister and moving into roles of home manager, regional manager, care services manager and regulation manager. Read more

Related Questions