Do you need to register with SSSC if you work in a learning disabilities day centre | QCS

Hello Senga

If you work in a day centre for adults with learning disabilities do you need to register with SSSC?



Senga Currie
Answered by Senga Currie

Hello Lynne,

Yes, you need to register within 6 months of starting your employment. You will find details here.

Have a read on the website and you will find the application form with details of payment. There is also a Code of Practice which you should familiarise yourself with. Both the worker and employer have responsibilities and must adhere to the code. I hope this points you in the right direction.

I hope this helps


About Senga Currie

Senga has been a registered mental nurse and registered general nurse for 38 years, working in various areas within the NHS, community nursing, the field of addictions and the private sector.

Since 1998 she has been working with care homes, starting as a nursing sister and moving into roles of home manager, regional manager, care services manager and regulation manager. Read more

Related Questions