Does SSSC accept overseas qualification? | QCS

Hi Senga

I’m Rubén from Spain, living in Scotland. I am working in a nursing home. I have a diploma health care assistant, could I use this qualification and register with SSSC?


Senga Currie
Answered by Senga Currie

Hello Ruben

If you look on the SSSC website, there are the qualifications listed that they accept as a recognised award. Whether it is accepted or not, you must register with the SSSC within 6 months of starting employment, I would advise doing this now. Look on the site here:

Good luck with your career in the UK.



About Senga Currie

Senga has been a registered mental nurse and registered general nurse for 38 years, working in various areas within the NHS, community nursing, the field of addictions and the private sector.

Since 1998 she has been working with care homes, starting as a nursing sister and moving into roles of home manager, regional manager, care services manager and regulation manager. Read more

Related Questions