How do I move my premises? | QCS

Hi i am a registered provider within the domiciliary home care sector and our office is located in North Tyneside we recently had a letter from our landlord saying the property has been submitted for planning which may mean we have to move premises how do i do this and also can i operate the service from my own home?

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Joanne,

If you go to the CQC website there are two methods of changing the location of your registered premises:

Statutory notification; Changes to a provider’s or manager’s registered details

If you go to Section 6  this is the part about notifying changes to an organisation’s name or address.

If you are going to have an office in your own home you particularly need to give consideration to security particularly of the records you will have to keep both about your service users and staff.

Another important consideration will be insurance.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions