How do we get care packages from the council? | QCS

I own a domiciliary care agency, it’s registered with QCS and with CQC, but I don’t know how to get care packages from the council. I have written to my local councils regarding my business and interest but to date, nothing has come through.  Can you can sign-post me to an agency that can help?

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Thank you for your question. You say you have written to the council and have had no response which must be frustrating for you. I would suggest you speak to the contracts team at the council. They will be responsible for any tendering activity, they also are likely to be responsible for any framework agreements that are published. Councils often use a preferred provider framework that you can apply to go on but the process varies from council to council. COVID-19 will have impacted how councils usually work, but I suggest you go armed with how many staff you have available, their locations, skills, how you will manage to keep them safe and how you can manage staff shortages and any other contingency plans. I hope this helps and best of luck.

About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions