I am looking for a lawyer expert in social care, can you advise me on what I should do? | QCS

Dear Senga,

Thank you for inviting questions. I am looking for a lawyer expert in social care law. I can’t even find a professional social care association.

This would include the law on the powers and responsibilities of care and local authorities.

Can you point me towards some lawyers that would be able to give support?


Senga Currie
Answered by Senga Currie


Dear Ken,


I’m afraid I’m unable to directly recommend lawyers to you.  However, there is an organisation called Scottish Care which represents the independent sector health and social care providers across Scotland, delivering residential care, day care, care at home and housing support.


They are committed to ensuring that the voice of those who access social care and those who provide services is at the heart of national debate. Please have a look on their website which you can find here.


I hope this helps.


Kind Regards,



About Senga Currie

Senga has been a registered mental nurse and registered general nurse for 38 years, working in various areas within the NHS, community nursing, the field of addictions and the private sector.

Since 1998 she has been working with care homes, starting as a nursing sister and moving into roles of home manager, regional manager, care services manager and regulation manager. Read more

Related Questions