I have lost my NVQ Level 2 certificate, how can I get a replacement certificate? | QCS

Hi Sheila,

I worked for the Vale of Glamorgan Council about 8 years ago and passed my NVQ level 2 in Social Care but I lost my certificate due to moving house and illness. I cannot trace it and need confirmation that I did it.

Vale of Glamorgan Council say that it cannot be recovered due to the time delay. Surely it must be on file or registered somewhere. Hope you can help.

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott


Dear Cheryl,


I have discussed your question with Neil and if you know the awarding body that certified the qualification, then you can contact them for a copy.


A certified statement will be available for awards taken before 2001. After 2001 you should be able to get a copy of the certificate.


You will need your date of birth, name and awarding body name. Your registration number or ULN (Unique Learner Number) would be useful if you have it.


I do hope that you manage to trace it.


Best wishes.




About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions