Personal Assistants to provide Personal Care | QCS

Dear Sheila,

Is there a requirement for clients who directly employ personal assistants to provide personal care to register themselves with the CQC, as there is a provision of regulated activity?

Many thanks,


Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Hannah,

If the service user is employing the personal assistant themselves then they do not have to register with CQC.

If they however have someone from a home care agency working for them either permanently or temporarily then the agency will be registered with CQC.

Best wishes,


About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions