Personal care and CQC | QCS

I have a company that helps elderly people with practical care, e.g. cooking, housework, shopping etc. If I have a client that requires personal care can I buy in services from another person/company or would I have to be CQC registered?

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Alexandra,

If the person providing the personal care is employed by and under the direct instruction of that employer then that employer has to be registered with CQC. You do not.

The following web link takes you to the CQC guidance on the Scope of Registration which I think you will find helpful.

Best wishes.

About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions