Providing accommodation for multiple mental health conditions | QCS

Can you tell me if adults with different primary mental health conditions can live in the same house, in a supported accommodation; e.g. schizophrenia, personality disorder, or should the primary condition be the same among all service users?

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Jemma,

A supported living service would generally have to register with CQC for the provision of personal care.

The decision as to who would be cared for by the service would be made following an assessment of the needs of the service user and probably a risk assessment as to the suitability of the person to be part of the group. I would also expect that the other people living in the service would be asked to contribute to the decision.

Best wishes.


About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions