Does someone with an NVQ 2 still need to do the Care Certificate? | QCS

Hi Sheila,
I would like an answer to the following question please.
Q. If I employ someone with care experience and an NVQ 2 in health and social care, do they still need to complete the care certificate?


Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Mark,

The answer to your question is no.

What you need to do though is undertake an induction for the person introducing the person to your home and covering areas such as Fire Safety, Policies and Procedures etc.

For reassurance there is also a Skills for Care Certificate self assessment form and I know that many employers are using this to identify any possible gaps in an individual’s knowledge that the person might like to have further training in.

You can find the self assessment form on the Skills for Care website:

With best wishes.


About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions