Supported living units | QCS

Hi Sheila

I am interested in registering a supported living unit in Huntingdon in the Cambridgeshire region , l have been in contact with CQC and they have informed me that they do not register supported living units.

My question were do l go for registration any advice will greatly appreciated at this point.


Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Supported living units are not subject to specialist registration. They are viewed as housing and are therefore subject to planning law and building control regulation.

Any personal care that is provided in the supported living though is subject to registration

A useful source of information is

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,

About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions