What do I need to register to set up a domiciliary service? | QCS

I want to set up a domiciliary service, what do I need to register?

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear Fred,

Whoever the provider, be that an NHS hospital or a small care home or a small domiciliary care service a similar process has to be gone through to register the service providing it falls within the remit of the relevant legislation and regulation.

The organisation responsible for registration, the Care Quality Commission, sets out the full scope of registration on their website including the relevant legislation.

I believe that you will find all the information and links you need on this page including a guide to the registration process can be found at


Before you apply to register there will be many tasks that you need to undertake to be able to present all the relevant information to CQC to enable to make sure that you are a fit and proper person to be registered.

If you require any further advice please contact me again.

Best wishes.


About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions