What incidents should I be reporting to the Care Inspectorate? | QCS

Hello Senga,

Can you clarify what incidents I should be reporting to the Care Inspectorate, I’m not sure what constitutes a notification.

Senga Currie
Answered by Senga Currie


Hello Beth,


Yes of course I can advise on what is expected to be reported to the Care Inspectorate. The areas listed below would constitute a notification to the Care Inspectorate immediately via the E-forms system.


  • Accidents, incidents or injuries
  • Outbreak of infectious disease
  • Death of person using a care service
  • Allegations of abuse
  • Significant equipment breakdown
  • Allegation of misconduct by a provider or employee
  • Criminal convictions resulting in unfitness of a manager
  • A provider becoming unfit
  • Absence of manager
  • Planned refurbishment/alteration/extension of premises
  • Change of registration details
  • Person living at the registered premises

I hope this clarifies this for you.





About Senga Currie

Senga has been a registered mental nurse and registered general nurse for 38 years, working in various areas within the NHS, community nursing, the field of addictions and the private sector.

Since 1998 she has been working with care homes, starting as a nursing sister and moving into roles of home manager, regional manager, care services manager and regulation manager. Read more

Related Questions