What kind of insurance do I need as a Domiciliary Care Worker? | QCS

 I do domiciliary care work but I do not take any clients shopping currently. Do I need business insurance or am I covered by my employer?

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott

Dear M, Thank you for your question. If you are working for a provider who is regulated by CQC, Care Inspectorate in Wales OR Care Inspectorate Scotland, your employer will have insurance to cover you.  All businesses in the UK are expected to have the appropriate insurances in place.
In the case of domiciliary care almost all providers will go to a specialist insurance company and will, I expect, be offered a policy covering:

-Employers’ Liability

-Public Liability

 The policy offered may include:

-Medical Malpractice cover

-Professional Indemnity

About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions