Who should I contact to find out information about accessing care for myself? | QCS

Hi Sheila, who can I contact to find out more information about accessing care for myself? I have been given a social practitioner who doesn’t seem to be helping me with my situation, I am in a wheelchair and cannot use my left side.

Sheila Scott
Answered by Sheila Scott


Dear M,


Thank you for your email.


I believe that a social work practitioner works in a Social Work Team and it is disappointing that you are not receiving the help you need.


I would advise you to speak to your GP and tell him or her about the help you need and ask for a referral to your local Social Services Department for an assessment of your needs.


If this doesn’t work then get back to me. As a fellow nurse I will give you all the advice I can but in the first instance speak to your GP.


With best wishes.




About Sheila Scott

Sheila Scott OBE from National Care Association (NCA). Care is Sheila’s life; she possesses a strong command of the issues facing the care sector informed by her long career as a nursing professional, the owner and manager of a care business and as a leader in the care sector. 3. Read more

Related Questions