Latest updates on Coronavirus. As the situation is quickly evolving, it is important to be provided with up-to-date information. We’ll be updating and adding to our information. So keep checking back.
Action Card – NHSmail
You can now download the action card for NHSmail here -
Why do you need an NHSmail account?
To improve communication between health and social care during the COVID-19 outbreak, NHSX is speeding-up the roll-out of NHSmail and temporarily waiving the completion of Data Security Protection Toolkit (DSPT) to allow for quicker onboarding. During the current COVID-19 pandemic, secure communication between health and social care services is more important than ever. To support this there is a fast track rollout of NHSmail to the care sector, without the need to complete the Data Security and Protection Toolkit currently. Actions you need to take are detailed here
|Useful Info - The Data Security and Protection Toolkit is an online assessment tool to enable organisations to measure performance against the National Data Guardian’s 10 data security standards. Deadline for submission is usually 31st March. Due to COVID-19 this has been delayed until 30 September 2020. For QCS customers, how to complete the DSPT toolkit is covered in the Data Security and Protection Policy and Procedure.|
What action do you need to take?
- Complete this form: Social Care Provider NHSmail Form. You must complete and send this back in Word as it won’t work if you print it out and fill in by hand. You should provide mobile phone numbers not landlines as you will get a text with your password. If you are a head office applying for multiple sites, complete the same form and provide the ODS code of each site.
- Send the form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will get an email back in a couple of minutes to say your application is being processed. If there is a problem with the form you will also get an email back.
- In the next day or so, you will receive an email from NHSmail welcoming you to your new account, as well as a text message with your password. Each provider will have 1 shared mailbox, and 2 user accounts.
- If you are struggling please contact your Regional Team lead and they will be able to help you with your form. They may also be in touch to support you with this process via email or on the phone.
- The website is https://www.digitalsocialcare.co.uk/covid-19-guidance/covid-19-quick-access-to-nhsmail// This gives more information on how to activate your account and where to get help.
*All information is correct at the time of publishing. Use of this material is subject to your acceptance of our terms and conditions.