CQC has unveiled its new website that will improve access to information for all and daily emails alerting care providers about inspections and reports.
The regulator says the site has improved its accessibility for users as well as highlighting some key changes.
These include an improved search and comparison functions.
- Use find and compare services for reports and information about individual providers
- Use the content search bar to find news stories, guidance, publications and articles. (You can find this in the top right corner of every page)
Improved email alerts
Email alerts for inspections and reports are now sent daily for alert subscribers instead of weekly. The increase in frequency means providers will receive notifications of reports sooner after an inspection takes place or a report publishes.
Widget and poster downloads for providers have moved
Download widgets, posters and other resources direct from your provider profile page.
The CQC has also outlined some of its next steps. These include:
- Stricter standards so all information it publishes will be clear, concise and useful
- Updated guidance for providers
- Improving the design of large online documents such as provider guidance and publications. This will make them easier to read, download and print
Visit CQC website