Reported a bad practice but not happy with the outcome. What can I do?

18th August 2020

Reported a bad practice but not happy with the outcome. What can I do?

I have a question regarding bad practice I have witnessed. I have reported my concerns to management; however I am not satisfied with the outcome. Where can I go with this?

This is a serious issue that cannot be ignored. If you are a member of a registered body such NMC, GDC or GMC, you have a duty to report this based on your code of conduct. If this has been raised with management and there are others within that management structure such as a partner or principle, you should again raise your concerns with them.

If you remain dissatisfied with any action or inaction, your next step is to see if you have a whistleblowing procedure and follow that. If you remain concerned or the issue is extremely serious to cause patient safety concerns, you can report this by whistleblowing to ensure patients remain safe. You can do this to the CQC via this link

*All information is correct at the time of publishing.

What would you like to ask Tracy?

Tracy has worked in general practice management for over 13 years with a passion for turning around vulnerable or struggling practices and making a difference to patients. Tracy has been a Care Quality Commission (CQC) Practice Manager Specialist Adviser since 2014 along with being a peer appraiser, national trainer, dementia friend champion and a trustee board member with her local Healthwatch.

Tracy also worked nationally for 18 months as the General Practice Development and Primary Care Network (PCN) Lead supporting practices, PCNs and federations.

Tracy is a chartered fellow with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and a fellow with the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) holding postgraduate qualifications in strategic leadership.

Join over 100,000 users already using the QCS Management System!
Start Free Trial
Back to Top