We’re here to bring you a FREE roundtable on ”Supporting Pride in Social Care” on 29th June!
Date: 29th June 2021
Time: 14:00- 15:00
More about the webinar:
In 2019, a review carried out by the Women and Equalities Committee found that “LGBT people… tend to receive lower levels of care than non-LGBT people”.
A lack of understanding from service providers of the different needs in the LGBT community due to a dearth of training means the minority groups fail to get the person-centred care they deserve.
In this roundtable, our speakers will explore in-depth the positive changes made in the care sector over the years and challenges care providers are still facing in developing and implementing diversify and inclusion strategies. The speakers will also discuss what does delivering outstanding care to LGBT+ services users look like and what you can do to champion equality and human rights in care services.
You will hear from:
- Jane Brightman – MD of Social care arm at The Institute of Health and Social Care Management (IHSCM)
- Nadra Ahmed OBE DL – CEO of National Care Association (NCA)
- Vic Rayner OBE – CEO of National Care Forum (NCF)
- Kiran Johnson – MD of DKJ Care Consultancy
- Hilary Woodhead – CEO of National Activity Providers Association (NAPA)
- Daniel Rawcliffe – Employment & HR Solicitor at Napthens
- Danielle Kerwick – Diversity and Inclusion Champion at QCS (Roundtable Chair)
- Mike Phillips – Consultant at NAPA
Don’t miss out and BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW !