Thank you to everyone who attended our roundtable on ”Supporting Pride in Social Care”. If you missed the roundtable, you can now watch the catch up below! You can also download our factsheet below with additional resources to help you better provide person-centred care to LGBTQ+ services users.
With PRIDE being celebrated throughout June, the roundtable was a fantastic opportunity for everyone to explore ways to improve the quality of care in the LGBTQ+ community.
Our panel discussed the importance to focus not only LGBTQ+ service users within the service provision, but also on all of the protected groups. As service providers, it is crucial to educate your team so they understand what inclusivity is and what is expected.
Following policy and procedure and having different training are the cornerstone of creating a transparent and respected environment for all service users. Yet, creating an inclusive culture and environment for the workforce is equally important.
As Vic Rayner OBE, CEO of NCF, has said in the roundtable: ”When you create an environment that’s inclusive for people who receive care and support, you also create an environment that’s inclusive for a workforce that identifies as LGBTQ plus.”
It is no doubt a lot of the care providers, and the regulator are making positive steps in achieving equality, but there’s so much more to do.
Watch our roundtable catchup now and step by step we can create a transparent and inclusive environment for all.
We would also like to take this opportunity to say thank you to our enthusiastic speakers, including
- Jane Brightman – MD of Social care arm at The Institute of Health and Social Care Management (IHSCM)
- Nadra Ahmed OBE DL – CEO of National Care Association (NCA)
- Vic Rayner OBE – CEO of National Care Forum (NCF)
- Kiran Johnson – MD of DKJ Care Consultancy
- Hilary Woodhead – CEO of National Activity Providers Association (NAPA)
- Daniel Rawcliffe – Employment & HR Solicitor at Napthens
- Danielle Kerwick – Diversity and Inclusion Champion at QCS (Roundtable Chair)
- Mike Phillips – Consultant at NAPA
If you have any further questions, feel free to submit them in our ‘Ask the Care Specialists’ section.